Environment & Sustainability
Satisfying our industry’s hunger for planet-positive change
From reducing food waste to making conscious choices about what we serve, hospitality can change the way the world eats.
Our Environment & Sustainability course helps shape the hospitality of tomorrow by teaching businesses how to reduce their environmental impact and regenerate the natural world that feeds us. You’ll leave equipped to critically evaluate and reduce the carbon footprint of your business, and fueled with inspiration from innovators in the field to make a meaningful difference.
THE PRACTICAL INFO
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
2024 Dates: May 13-17, May 21-24, May 27-31
Duration: 5 days, Monday–Friday (35 hours)
Early-bird applications close: 14 Dec 2023
Scholarship applications close: 9 Feb 2024
General applications close: 6 Mar 2024
What will I learn?
- New skills to lead change, from immediately reducing your workplace’s impact on the planet to setting long-term goals for operating sustainably
- A deeper understanding of the research and data on the climate crisis and an enriched frame of reference of sustainability in hospitality
- Strategies for sourcing responsibly; innovating how you purchase, prepare, and present food and beverage to create maximum value and minimum waste
- Guidance for building environmentally sound partnerships with stakeholders throughout the supply chain while keeping the P+L strong
- Access to MAD Academy’s alumni network, a community of ambitious change makers from across the globe.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for professionals at every level, and the methods and practices taught have been applied in all areas of hospitality, including various sizes and styles of restaurants, bars, cafes, hotels, canteens, and more. To date, we have more than 800 Academy alumni from all over the world. Join us, if you’re:
- Passionate about hospitality and ready to evolve your habits and practices for a more resilient food system
- Committed to taking immediate action toward climate solutions in your business and greater community
- Hungry for new experiences, and eager to learn and reflect in the company of equally dedicated peers
“I feel without words to explain how amazing it was. So much learning and inspiration.
Challenging us to be the change we want to see in hospitality and beyond.
—Camila M., Environment & Sustainability ’22
Pricing & Scholarships
Price: 34,000 Danish kroner (ex. Danish VAT). The fee includes instruction, course materials, ground transport in Copenhagen, and all meals during program hours.
Our scholarships are intended to ensure that hospitality professionals whose employers can’t support their enrolment and who lack personal resources still have a path to a MAD Academy education. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and an applicant’s demonstrated potential as a change-maker in the hospitality industry. Learn more about our scholarships and other forms of financial support.