Leadership & Business
The important stuff you didn’t learn in culinary school
Preparation for a career in hospitality usually focuses on creativity and deep training in a craft. Less targeted are the skills needed to successfully lead a team and build a resilient business.
Our Leadership & Business course fosters a new paradigm where caring for people and financial health are valued alongside passion and craft. You’ll level up your leadership skills, learn sound financial habits, and walk away with a toolbox for creating a workplace environment where all staff can thrive.
THE PRACTICAL INFO
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
April 8-12, April 15-19 & April 22-26
Duration: 5 days, Monday–Friday (35 hours)
Early-bird applications close: 14 Dec 2023
Scholarship applications close: 9 Feb 2024
General applications close: 6 Mar 2024
What will I learn?
- New leadership skills to implement immediate changes to improve your workplace and set long-term goals
- An innovation-focused mindset toward and strategies for adapting to new challenges
- A deeper grasp of accounting and the capacity to maintain a rock-solid financial foundation for your business
- Guidance for creating a business that fosters creativity and excellence, as well as diversity and equitability
- Access to MAD Academy’s alumni network, a community of ambitious change-makers from across the globe
Is this course for me?
We built the course specifically to deliver knowledge that’s useful in kitchens and dining rooms of any level; for bartenders, servers, cooks, and baristas who are new managers; and especially for those who aspire to open their own hospitality businesses in the future. To date, we have more than 800 Academy alumni from all over the world. Join us, if you’re:
- Committed to becoming a skilled and intentional leader and colleague
- Dedicated to developing your knowledge of business finance and the numbers behind the craft
- Hungry for new experiences, and eager to learn and reflect in the company of equally dedicated peers
“Through the program, and the questions I was asked, I was reinvigorated to pursue a vision
that had been percolating in abstract ways over the years.”
—Halo P., Leadership & Business ‘21
Pricing & Scholarships
Price: 34,000 Danish kroner (ex. Danish VAT). The fee includes instruction, course materials, ground transport in Copenhagen, and all meals during program hours.
Our scholarships help ensure that hospitality professionals whose employers are unable to support their enrolment and who lack personal resources still have a path to a MAD Academy education. Scholarships are awarded based on financial need and an applicant’s demonstrated potential as a change-maker in the hospitality industry. Learn more about our scholarships and other forms of financial support.