Head of Finance
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile finance all-rounder to join us in Spring ’24. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of bookkeeping and accounting and will lead the organization’s financial management.
For this role, we’re looking for someone with exceptional organizational skills, who wants to join a dynamic, international non-profit with the ambition of transforming hospitality and driving change in food systems. Together with our team, you will continuously optimize and identify improvements to our current processes and systems, as well as be a business and thought partner throughout the organization.
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) based in Copenhagen and reporting to the Executive Director.
- Day-to-day bookkeeping in economic; payment management & invoicing
- Reconciliation of trial balance
- Monthly payroll administration
- Provide financial expertise on specific projects or initiatives
- Preparation and distribution of quarterly financial reports: reporting to management and board, including cash flow status
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis process across the organization
- Preparation of tax returns and VAT administration
- Project management of annual audit
- Coordination with our accounting team in the United States as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Education in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent
- A strong working knowledge of accounting concepts and standards
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in accounting
- A commitment to excellence; a willingness to take responsibility and ownership
- Has the skill and appetite to support and improve the team’s financial management
- Intercultural awareness and competence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure effective interaction with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is a plus
- Able to work professionally in both Danish and English
- Quickly adapting to new colleagues and tasks; thrive in a busy environment
- Open-minded and problem-solving mindset and a proactive attitude
MAD (Danish for food) empowers the hospitality community with the tools, inspiration, and knowledge to make a difference in their restaurants and the world. MAD was founded in 2011 by René Redzepi, chef and co-owner of restaurant noma, with the ambition of transforming hospitality and driving change in food systems.
MAD consists of two legal entities: Komitéen for MAD Symposium in Denmark and MAD Foundation, a nonprofit organization incorporated in the state of New York (EIN #47-4561918). The organization currently has eight employees in Denmark, and one in the US.
As a small, and growing organization, MAD thrives when its staff functions as a cohesive, collaborative team, where everyone helps out as needed. To this end, every staff member is called upon to contribute to MAD’s success, which may mean occasionally fulfilling a role or duty not specifically listed in the job description.
DETAILS & APPLY
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in English by January 20, 2024, to General Manager Anna Küfner at email@example.com with the subject line: Application – Head of Finance.
We’ll review applications end of January and conduct the first round of interviews beginning of February 2024.