Join the ’24 Academy team!
We’re in search of an intern to join us in orchestrating an extraordinary experience for 180 participants from the hospitality industry. At the intersection of front-of-house expertise and production wizardry, you’ll ensure each program week runs flawlessly while crafting an exceptional participant experience.
MAD Academy provides courses in effective leadership and environmental sustainability for professionals in the hospitality industry. The academy, taught by experts across various fields, aims to empower individuals like chefs, servers, managers, and entrepreneurs to drive positive changes in their businesses and the global community.
- Assist MAD staff in producing six 5-day educational programs, including work related to logistics, production, hospitality, and participant experience in the weeks prior and after the programs themselves.
- Managing practical setup, participant logistics, and behind-the-scenes operations before, during, and after the six programs.
- Preparing classroom and dining spaces, leading breakfast and lunch services, and maintaining cleanliness and décor of MAD’s learning and dining environments.
- Supporting field trip preparations and execution.
- Facilitating transportation and travel arrangements for participants and Academy faculty, and collaborating with food and beverage businesses in Copenhagen.
- Ensuring exceptional hospitality for participants and faculty, fostering positive experiences throughout the programs.
- Managing the distribution of the Academy book club and coordinating, organizing, and producing learning materials and documents to prescribed deadlines.
- Coordinating internal materials for staff and participants including schedules, presentations, and other logistical necessities.
- Collaborate with a small, driven, and passionate team dedicated to shaping MAD Academy, a pinnacle educational program for hospitality professionals, and spend time evaluating and investigating hospitality industry needs and challenges besides MAD’s staff and experts.
- Engage with an exceptional lineup of faculty and inspiring external speakers and soak up their wisdom in lectures and glean insights from their invaluable experiences.
- Connect with motivated hospitality participants hailing from diverse corners of the globe, each fueled by a passion to instigate positive change in the industry.
- Indulge in a treat during the six-week Academy with catered lunches from our favorite Copenhagen restaurants, complemented by an array of delightful sweets and pastries at your fingertips.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Preferably, the applicant has a valid work permit for Denmark and a Danish Bank account.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience in hospitality service or event production, either front or back-of-house roles and tasks related to hosting and serving meals and beverages.
- Familiarity and passion for gastronomy and the food and beverage industry; curiosity to engage with people from diverse backgrounds, roles, and contexts.
- A willingness to roll up his/her/their sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile; cool under pressure; an eye for the details.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word & Excel, ability to construct Word and spreadsheet documents, and communications via email.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with all levels of the organization
DETAILS & APPLY
Duration: Three (3) months – From late February – May 2024, full-time in Copenhagen.
Apply by: Dec 31st 2023
Send CV & cover letter to Roberta Garavano: email@example.com with “Academy Internship Application – [Your Name].” ?
Please include your residence status & Danish CPR/bank info.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +4529738107 for inquiries.