MAD Academy Program Manager
MAD Academy is looking forward to a period of substantial growth in our teaching capacities and is looking to hire a Program Manager with teaching responsibilities for its Environment & Sustainability program.
The position reports to the Academy Director and will have a key role in shaping the future of MAD Academy. This is a full-time position based in Copenhagen beginning Spring 2021.
The primary responsibility of the Program Manager is to develop, plan, and execute the teaching for our Environment & Sustainability program–a five-day intensive course taught on site at our Copenhagen campus.
About MAD Academy
MAD Academy (‘mad’ is Danish for ‘food’) is a Copenhagen-based educational institution that equips students from the hospitality community with the knowledge, tools, and inspiration to facilitate positive change in their professional lives and in the world.
Launched in 2019, it is a part of the MAD Foundation, which was founded in 2011 by René Redzepi, chef and owner of restaurant Noma in Copenhagen. From its very beginnings, MAD has led important conversations about how the restaurant community can contribute to the health of the planet and improve the lives of those working in food. In addition to the Academy, MAD’s programs include a biennial Symposium; a series of public talks in major cities around the globe; books, online videos, and other publications; and, through a division called VILD MAD, free resources for exploring nature through foraging.
The activities of MAD Academy are made possible by tuition fees, government grants, and donations from organizations and private individuals.
- Design programs, content, and format together with the Academy Director and other team members to achieve MAD’s ambitious educational goals
- Teach programs that are best-in-class, replicable, and well documented
- Proactively design and execute new and creative educational opportunities
- Ensure the timely creation and distribution of learning related materials, collateral, and briefings as needed
- Develop online learning opportunities and opportunities to disseminate knowledge
- Be an integrated part of the team and support the production of the remainder of the organization’s non-environment related programming
Experience and Approaches
- Extensive experience producing world-class content on environment and sustainability is required
- Our students come from all corners of the world and all of our programming is held in English. Excellent command of the language is required
- Track record of developing educational programs and increasing engagement with complex issues, as well as working specifically with adult/executive education is appreciated
- Practical restaurant or food systems experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be insightful, curious, and prepared to work in a small but growing team where everyone helps out when needed
- Driver’s license is preferred
Not only will this time be fun, but opportunities for personal learning will be abundant and you will become part of what we consider to be one of the best teams on the planet: a team that constantly pushes, never being satisfied with what happened yesterday.
This position is based full-time in Copenhagen and begins in Spring 2021.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in English by Sunday, February 21 to Magnus Nilsson at email@example.com with the subject line: Program Manager.