This is a full-time role responsible for telling MAD’s story to key audiences to support its mission and goals. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and versatile communications generalist to energize and develop MAD’s communications program and to continue positioning MAD as a thought leader in the transformation of hospitality and food systems at a global level.
- Develop, implement, and refine the organization’s communications strategy, from social media to newsletters to website to broaden awareness of MAD and its work
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the communications strategy for events and programs
- Drive development of brand activation strategy for MAD’s programs. Identify, pursue, and close potential strategic partnerships that can strengthen the relevant programs
- Manage the creation, distribution, and maintenance of content (print and digital) including newsletters, publications, presentations, photography and videography, fundraising materials, social media, and MAD’s website
- Develop and regularly update talking points, briefings, presentations, and core messages for organization
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media; positively shape MAD’s public presence via press releases, press kits, talking points, etc.
- Oversee the continued development of MAD’s graphic identity; and oversee the design and production of print and digital materials
- Ensure a robust communications presence
- Ensure robust attendance at programs and events
- Ensure long-term stakeholder investment in MAD and its programs
- Further refine and develop MAD’s voice: playful and daring, inspiring and action-oriented
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both Danish and English, with excellent attention to detail
- A proven track record of relevant expertise
- Maturity and leadership, with the ability to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities. Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves in a small but mighty organization
- Bonus: experience in Danish politics
MAD (Danish for food) empowers the hospitality community with the tools, inspiration, and knowledge to make a difference in their restaurants and the world. MAD was founded in 2011 by René Redzepi, chef and owner of restaurant noma with the ambition of transforming hospitality and driving change in food systems. MAD educates and inspires through MAD Academy, MAD Symposium, VILD MAD, and a variety of publications and events. For more information, see madfeed.co.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in English to email@example.com by January 16. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply now.